The History of LOMG
In 1998, a descendant of Jake Cole donated 11 acres in North Zulch, Texas, to Houston-based “Men In Mission” (MIM), a 501(c)3 organization, and was named “Land of My Grandfathers” to honor his grandfather Jake. Along with this donation, plans were made to take this beautiful piece of land, formerly a cow pasture, and build a site to accommodate many types and sizes of groups for future sustainability. Funds were raised, 100s of men gathered, the property was built out, and the first group rental for this land that had become known as “LOMG” took place in April 1999.
Over the years this land has taken on a “Sacredness” that seems to call out to every person who steps onto this property. This began with the enormous amounts of love, time, and the energy that hundreds of men contributed to this site, located 90 miles north of Houston Intercontinental Airport. “LOMG” over the years has expanded its rental usages, which now allows this revered site to be used for many different sorts of groups offering workshops, courses, overnight events, one day events, and seminars.
“LOMG” has been providing profound experiences, multiple activities, and events for Youth, Women’s groups, Spiritual retreat groups, Family oriented trainings, Boys to Men Trainings, Father and Daughter Trainings, and more, since 1999.
- Land of my Grandfathers can sleep 100 comfortable in bunk houses, has an commercial kitchen, two (2) sets of large bath houses, two (2) large meeting halls, and additional meeting spaces to hold various activities indoors, as well as outdoors.
- We can host overnight groups from 10-100 persons, and day events for groups as large as 200.
- The kitchen / dining area is located between the bunk houses and bath areas, so this site can be divided up for boys/girls, men/women, families, etc.
- There is an abundance of open area for games, and there is a circle of stones surrounded by a circle of trees that grace the property, and when most attendees leave, they recall this unique part of the property.
- Bring your Group to “LOMG” and discover how we can support you in having a unique event with lasting outcomes, and leaving “LOMG” with wonderful memories.
- Our Commitment includes building supportive relationships, and we are committed to creating an environment that is fun, cost effective, and life-altering. We want our guests to have an exceptional experience.
- Call us today . . . we invite you to allow our staff to assist you in planning your next event . . . Men’s Meetings, Women’s Meetings , Church Retreats, Adult or Teen Team Building events, Educational events, and more.
Land of my Grandfathers is a 501 (c)3 non-profit operating out of Houston, TX.